South Island Centre for Counselling and Training provides professional and affordable services to individuals, families, and organizations in support of personal, relational and spiritual wholeness.
Whether you’re struggling with your relationships or your self-confidence … You don’t have to go through it alone.
We offer affordable income-based counselling for individuals, couples, families and organizations, in support of personal, relational, and spiritual wholeness, provided by registered clinical counsellors, volunteer counsellors and counselling interns.
We offer courses for personal development and training seminars for caregivers and volunteer/professional support workers.
We offer pastoral counselling for clergy, spiritual direction, and pastoral care team training for lay persons and clergy.
Give us a call today at (250) 472-2851. We are here to help!
3821A Cedar Hill Cross Rd Victoria, BC V8P 2M6
By appointment only, Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm. Arrangements can be made for evenings and/or weekend appointments with individual counsellors. We are closed on statutory holidays.
Office Reception Hours:
Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-1:00pm. The office is closed on statuory holidays.
Up-coming Gala Fundraising Event:
Celebrating 41 Years!
Date: Saturday, November 5, 2016 from 6:00-10pm.
Our upcoming annual fundraiser focuses on mental health in children and youth this year at the Hotel Grand Pacific in the Vancouver Island Ballroom.
Guest Speaker: Dr. Allison Rees of Victoria’s Life Seminars.
Musical Guests: Ian McDougall and Friends
Buffet dinner and complimentary underground parking. Hotel Grand Pacific offers special room rates ($131) for attendees: please quote code “NOV16S0UTH_001″.
Tickets are $75 each. You can buy tickets directly via Canada Helps (use link below the list of sponsors) or call us at (250) 472-2851.
Our sponsors are:
Current Course Offerings:
Pastoral Counselling Training (12 Thursdays, 6 October, 2016-12 January, 2017; no class December 22 and 29, 2016). Registration and payment must be received by Thursday, September 29.
Teen Anxiety Support Group (8 Saturdays, 22 October – 10 December, 2016). Registration and payment must be received by Friday, October 14.
Pastoral Care Team Training (Saturday, October 22, 2016 at St Peter’s Church, Duncan, BC). Registration and payment must be received by Monday, October 17, 2016.
The Twilight Journey: Grief, Loss and the Very Elderly (6 Thursdays, 3 November – 8 December, 2016). Registration and payment must be received by Thursday, October 27.
Strengthening Well-Being: A Time for Renewal for Youth Adult Women (3 Tuesdays, 8,15 and 22 November, 2016), Registraion and payment must be received by Tuesday, November 1.
1975-2016: 41 years of Serving the Greater Victoria Community!
Counselling, Courses, Training Programs and Other Services:
COURSES AND TRAINING PROGRAMS: We offer courses for personal development such as grief, loss and life transitions; caring for the elderly and end-of-life issues; marriage preparation, family systems, mid-life direction, and spiritual direction, as well as pastoral care team training. We also offer courses in care-giver awareness and support and a teen anxiety support group.
OTHER SERVICES: We offer pastoral counselling and spiritual direction.
- Comments about our Lay Pastoral Care Team Dialogue (facilitator: Margaret Anderson): Excellent opening conversation! Informative and helpful! --- Great workshop! I enjoyed the dialogue! --- Good info especially around hospice services. Good to hear what other groups are doing! --- Very good workshop! Knowledge that we need to talk about (death)! --- Excellent! Great info and use of time. Clear and concise info! ------- Comments about our Pastoral Counselling Training (facilitator: Bill Cole): It's been a great week, Bill. I am so happy to have taken this course with you. Thank you for your time and effort, as well as sharing your heart with us! --- I really enjoyed this course! The material was so informative and the way you presented was very engaging. I will be thinking about all of it for a while!
- Comments about our Ebb and Flow Course:
- I really appreciated the videos, particularly "Griefwalker" and I found the organization of the material and presentation style very engaging, comprehensive and extremely useful! I will benefit from this throughout life!
- Great course, great group! Dynamic - easy to follow and understand. Loved how you kept on time and kept the group focused on the topic! ---
- It was wonderful! Thank you! --- Arrived expecting confirmation of a journey past, but left with a new meat to reflect and chew on! ---
- Great workshop! I enjoyed the dialogue! --- Good info especially around hospice services. Good to hear what other groups are doing! ---
- Very good workshop! Knowledge that we need to talk about (death)! --- Excellent! Great info and use of time. Clear and concise info!
- Thank you for everything you did. Discussing the issues and events that happened in the following few months made me realize that I needed to make a fresh start. My life is very happy now. Thanks again. --- I now have more coping skills for dealing with stressful situations and family members. So thankful for this service in a time of desperate need. Counsellors have been attentive and helpful. ---- I want to say how thankful I am to South Island Centre for not discriminating against clients who are not able to pay full costs for counselling services! In these times of increasing stresses and strains on everyone, I am grateful for people and organizations who continue to care and make efforts to help those who are less fortunate. --- I know I will not be able to find the words to adequately describe how grateful and thankful I am for your counselling services (some of which were provided at no cost due to my financial position). I am now hopeful, for the first time in 10 pain-filled years, that I can begin to create a healthy relationship with others.