South Island Centre for Counselling and Training provides professional and affordable services to individuals, families, and organizations in support of personal, relational and spiritual wholeness.
Whether you’re struggling with your relationships or your self-confidence … You don’t have to go through it alone.
Counselling, Courses and Training:
Courses and Training: We also offer courses for personal and professional development in topics such as grief, loss, life transitions, caring for the elderly, end-of-life issues, marriage preparation, family systems, support groups for youth and young adults, and spiritual direction in addition to pastoral care team training.
We also offer courses for personal development and training for caregivers, laypeople and other professional support workers.
For clergy and laypeople, pastoral counselling, spiritual direction, and pastoral care team training is available.
For additional information, call (250) 472-2851.
Annual Gala 2017
Save the date! Our 2017 fundraising gala will be held on Saturday, October 21, 2017 at the Inn at Laurel Point. Stay tuned for details!
How to reach us:
3821A Cedar Hill Cross Rd Victoria, BC V8P 2M6
Counselling is by appointment only. Talk to your counsellor for suitable times. Arrangements can be made for evenings and/or weekend appointments as needed. We are closed on all statutory holidays.
Office Reception Hours:
- Comments about our Lay Pastoral Care Team Dialogue (facilitator: Margaret Anderson): Excellent opening conversation! Informative and helpful! --- Great workshop! I enjoyed the dialogue! --- Good info especially around hospice services. Good to hear what other groups are doing! --- Very good workshop! Knowledge that we need to talk about (death)! --- Excellent! Great info and use of time. Clear and concise info! ------- Comments about our Pastoral Counselling Training (facilitator: Bill Cole): It's been a great week, Bill. I am so happy to have taken this course with you. Thank you for your time and effort, as well as sharing your heart with us! --- I really enjoyed this course! The material was so informative and the way you presented was very engaging. I will be thinking about all of it for a while!
- Comments about our Ebb and Flow Course:
- I really appreciated the videos, particularly "Griefwalker" and I found the organization of the material and presentation style very engaging, comprehensive and extremely useful! I will benefit from this throughout life!
- Great course, great group! Dynamic - easy to follow and understand. Loved how you kept on time and kept the group focused on the topic! ---
- It was wonderful! Thank you! --- Arrived expecting confirmation of a journey past, but left with a new meat to reflect and chew on! ---
- Great workshop! I enjoyed the dialogue! --- Good info especially around hospice services. Good to hear what other groups are doing! ---
- Very good workshop! Knowledge that we need to talk about (death)! --- Excellent! Great info and use of time. Clear and concise info!
- Thank you for everything you did. Discussing the issues and events that happened in the following few months made me realize that I needed to make a fresh start. My life is very happy now. Thanks again. --- I now have more coping skills for dealing with stressful situations and family members. So thankful for this service in a time of desperate need. Counsellors have been attentive and helpful. ---- I want to say how thankful I am to South Island Centre for not discriminating against clients who are not able to pay full costs for counselling services! In these times of increasing stresses and strains on everyone, I am grateful for people and organizations who continue to care and make efforts to help those who are less fortunate. --- I know I will not be able to find the words to adequately describe how grateful and thankful I am for your counselling services (some of which were provided at no cost due to my financial position). I am now hopeful, for the first time in 10 pain-filled years, that I can begin to create a healthy relationship with others.
The Province of British Columbia