We offer affordable income-based counselling for individuals, couples, families and organizations, in support of personal, relational, and spiritual wholeness.
We offer courses for personal development and training seminars for caregivers and volunteer/professional support workers.
We offer pastoral counselling for clergy, career choice counselling, spiritual direction, and pastoral care team training for lay persons and clergy.
Give us a call today at (250) 472-2851. We are here to help!
Current Course Offerings:
Family Systems Theory Summer 2016 Intensive (5-day intensive: Monday, July 4 – Friday, July 8, 2016)
Pastoral Counselling Training (12 Thursdays, 6 October, 2016-, 12 January, 2017; no class December 22 and 29, 2016)
Please indicated interest for the following courses:
Pastoral Care Team Training (Saturday, October 22 at St Peter’s, Quamicham)
Teen Anxiety Support Group (8 Saturday afternoons)
The Twilight Journey- Grief, Loss and the Very Elderly (6 weekday evenings)
Self-Injuring Youth (1-day intensive)
The Ebb and Flow of Life – An Introduction to Grief and Loss (6 weekday evenings)
Caregiver Support for Professionals or Familyy (1-day intensive)
Midlife Directions (2-day intensive)
The Enneagram (1-day intensive)
Save the date: Saturday, November 5, 2016. Fall Gala Fundraising Event to raise funds for our Children and Youth Mental Health Programme to be held at the Hotel Grand Pacific (evening). Details to follow!
3821A Cedar Hill Cross Rd Victoria, BC V8P 2M6
Fax number: (250) 472-2815
Monday- Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm. We are closed on statutory holidays.
By appointment only.
1975-2016: 41 years of Serving the Greater Victoria Community!
Counselling, Courses, Training Programs and Other Services:
COURSES AND TRAINING PROGRAMS: We offer courses for personal development such as grief, loss and life transitions; caring for the elderly and end-of-life issues; marriage preparation, family systems, mid-life direction, and spiritual direction, as well as pastoral care team training. We also offer courses in care-giver awareness and support and a teen anxiety support group.
OTHER SERVICES: We offer pastoral counselling, spiritual direction, and career choice counselling.
- Comments about our Lay Pastoral Care Team Dialogue (facilitator: Margaret Anderson): Excellent opening conversation! Informative and helpful! --- Great workshop! I enjoyed the dialogue! --- Good info especially around hospice services. Good to hear what other groups are doing! --- Very good workshop! Knowledge that we need to talk about (death)! --- Excellent! Great info and use of time. Clear and concise info! ------- Comments about our Pastoral Counselling Training (facilitator: Bill Cole): It's been a great week, Bill. I am so happy to have taken this course with you. Thank you for your time and effort, as well as sharing your heart with us! --- I really enjoyed this course! The material was so informative and the way you presented was very engaging. I will be thinking about all of it for a while!
- Great course, great group! Dynamic - easy to follow and understand. Loved how you kept on time and kept the group focused on the topic! ---
- It was wonderful! Thank you! --- Arrived expecting confirmation of a journey past, but left with a new meat to reflect and chew on! ---
- Great workshop! I enjoyed the dialogue! --- Good info especially around hospice services. Good to hear what other groups are doing! ---
- Very good workshop! Knowledge that we need to talk about (death)! --- Excellent! Great info and use of time. Clear and concise info!
- Thank you for everything you did. Discussing the issues and events that happened in the following few months made me realize that I needed to make a fresh start. My life is very happy now. Thanks again. --- I now have more coping skills for dealing with stressful situations and family members. So thankful for this service in a time of desperate need. Counsellors have been attentive and helpful. ---- I want to say how thankful I am to South Island Centre for not discriminating against clients who are not able to pay full costs for counselling services! In these times of increasing stresses and strains on everyone, I am grateful for people and organizations who continue to care and make efforts to help those who are less fortunate. --- I know I will not be able to find the words to adequately describe how grateful and thankful I am for your counselling services (some of which were provided at no cost due to my financial position). I am now hopeful, for the first time in 10 pain-filled years, that I can begin to create a healthy relationship with others.