South Island Centre for Counselling and Training provides professional and affordable services to individuals, families, and organizations in support of personal, relational and spiritual wholeness.
Whether you’re struggling with your relationships or your self-confidence … You don’t have to go through it alone.
We offer affordable income-based counselling for individuals, couples, families and organizations, in support of personal, relational, and spiritual wholeness, provided by registered clinical counsellors, volunteer counsellors and counselling interns.
We offer courses for personal development and training seminars for caregivers and volunteer/professional support workers.
We offer pastoral counselling for clergy, spiritual direction, and pastoral care team training for lay persons and clergy.
Give us a call today at (250) 472-2851. We are here to help!
Leading up to Christmas holidays, our Centre will maintain its regular counselling hours by appointment only (9:00am-5:00pm) until Friday, December 23. We will remain closed from December 24, 2016-January 2, 2017. Our Centre re-opens on Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 9:00am. In case of a true emergency, please contact the Vancouver Island Crisis Line at 1-888-494-3888. They are open 24 hours a day.
3821A Cedar Hill Cross Rd Victoria, BC V8P 2M6
By appointment only, Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm. Arrangements can be made for evenings and/or weekend appointments with individual counsellors. We are closed on statutory holidays.
Office Reception Hours:
Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-1:00pm. The office is closed on statuory holidays.
What A Night!
Thanks to all who attended our fabulous fundraiser gala event on Saturday, November 5. What a great time we had! Thanks to our various generous sponsors, our inspiring speaker, Dr. Allison Rees, and Ian McDougall, Neil Swainson and Oliver Gannon who provided the impeccable entertainment, and the Hotel Grand Pacific for a spectacular meal. Kudoos to all! We will provide more details in the December 2016 newsletter. Thanks to all for supporting us – we appreciate it so much.
Current Course Offerings:
Me and My Personality: An Introduction to the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and Your Personality Preference (Saturday, January 23, 2017). Please submit your registration and payment in full by Monday, January 23, 2017.
Pastoral Care Team Dialogues #8: The Nuts and Bolts of Forming, Maintaining and Nurturing Your Team (Tuesday, January 31, 2017). Please submit your registration and payment in full by Tuesday, January 24, 2017.
The Ebb and Flow of Life: An Introduction to Grief and Loss (6 Thursdays, February 2 – March 9, 2017). Please submit your registration and payment in full by Thursday, January 26, 2017.
Young Adult Anxiety Group (8 Saturdays, February 18-April 8, 2017). Please submit your registration and payment in full by Thursday, February 9, 2017.
Family Systems Theory (12 Thursday afternoons, March 9 -May 25, 2017). Please submit your registration and payment in full by Thursday, March 2, 2017).
1975-2016: 41 years of Serving the Greater Victoria Community!
Counselling, Courses, Training Programs and Other Services:
COURSES AND TRAINING PROGRAMS: We offer courses for personal development such as grief, loss and life transitions; caring for the elderly and end-of-life issues; marriage preparation, family systems, mid-life direction, and spiritual direction, as well as pastoral care team training. We also offer courses in care-giver awareness and support and a teen anxiety support group.
OTHER SERVICES: We offer pastoral counselling and spiritual direction.
- Comments about our Lay Pastoral Care Team Dialogue (facilitator: Margaret Anderson): Excellent opening conversation! Informative and helpful! --- Great workshop! I enjoyed the dialogue! --- Good info especially around hospice services. Good to hear what other groups are doing! --- Very good workshop! Knowledge that we need to talk about (death)! --- Excellent! Great info and use of time. Clear and concise info! ------- Comments about our Pastoral Counselling Training (facilitator: Bill Cole): It's been a great week, Bill. I am so happy to have taken this course with you. Thank you for your time and effort, as well as sharing your heart with us! --- I really enjoyed this course! The material was so informative and the way you presented was very engaging. I will be thinking about all of it for a while!
- Comments about our Ebb and Flow Course:
- I really appreciated the videos, particularly "Griefwalker" and I found the organization of the material and presentation style very engaging, comprehensive and extremely useful! I will benefit from this throughout life!
- Great course, great group! Dynamic - easy to follow and understand. Loved how you kept on time and kept the group focused on the topic! ---
- It was wonderful! Thank you! --- Arrived expecting confirmation of a journey past, but left with a new meat to reflect and chew on! ---
- Great workshop! I enjoyed the dialogue! --- Good info especially around hospice services. Good to hear what other groups are doing! ---
- Very good workshop! Knowledge that we need to talk about (death)! --- Excellent! Great info and use of time. Clear and concise info!
- Thank you for everything you did. Discussing the issues and events that happened in the following few months made me realize that I needed to make a fresh start. My life is very happy now. Thanks again. --- I now have more coping skills for dealing with stressful situations and family members. So thankful for this service in a time of desperate need. Counsellors have been attentive and helpful. ---- I want to say how thankful I am to South Island Centre for not discriminating against clients who are not able to pay full costs for counselling services! In these times of increasing stresses and strains on everyone, I am grateful for people and organizations who continue to care and make efforts to help those who are less fortunate. --- I know I will not be able to find the words to adequately describe how grateful and thankful I am for your counselling services (some of which were provided at no cost due to my financial position). I am now hopeful, for the first time in 10 pain-filled years, that I can begin to create a healthy relationship with others.